LABORATORY OF CREATIVE WRITING AND THOUGHT FOR FIRST-LEVEL
Creative writing workshop for primary and secondary schools of first level
How is the workshop organized?
Where: at your school\
First two meetings: close together (two consecutive days)
Third and fourth meeting: to be held in the two weeks following the first meetings on a weekly basis, so as to allow the students to let the theoretical ideas provided during the workshops settle down and complete the papers during the normal class hours.
Students will be divided into groups of four / five components for a maximum of five groups.
The laboratory is suitable for the school year and the current educational program.
Why a writing course at school?
Writing is a tool, a vehicle between the individual and the world around him. Therefore if the child, from the first school years, understands that writing is a resource that he will have at any time in his life, it is more likely to become an adult
- with creativity
- inclined to communicate
- able to capture and re-elaborate the surrounding stimuli
So what we intend to propose in this writing workshop is a simple concept: “Write, so you’ll learn to read”.
What is a writing workshop for?
The laboratory brings students into the world of writing, makes them aware of the reading / writing relationship and stimulates their creativity. The boys who are learning to write and to illustrate their work always look to writers and illustrators as models to imitate.
Authors’ research also develops the critical sense of pupils, who learn to observe and apply certain writing and illustration styles.
Why combine writing with philosophy?
Philosophy as a search for truth has always been linked to writing, which is the privileged means to make thought volatile by nature.
Stimulating thought and fixing it in a story created by the students allows us to see concretely, in fact, the consistency of what we think and to understand it in a deeper way, therefore also to criticize it and reshape it through new meanings that can arise through confrontation and dialogue with the others.
The dimension of dialogue, in fact, allows direct contact with the ideas and thoughts of the companions: this is a very important moment of deeper knowledge of the other and of aggregation, because even when you have different ideas, writing in groups helps you to experiment an important philosophical stimulus, the synthesis: contrasting ideas are mediated, or a choice is made between which brings new contributions to the initial cues.
Combining writing and philosophy, what do we propose to do?
During the workshop, we will use philosophical tools such as well-constructed dialogue, logical argumentation, the exercise of critical thinking (therefore subject to the question “why?”), Active listening and the search for the profound meaning that lies at basis of our beliefs.
The objectives of this approach are extremely important for the development of the child, who will be able to:
- recognize their emotions and name them
- think critically and rationally, paying attention to both the content (“why do I think this?”) and the form (“what I say is logically correct?”)
- assimilate the questioning mode of thought, that is, a thought that raises many questions to the statements that are made and often taken for granted
- search for his truths
- Editorial path at the end of the workshop
- If an agreement is found with the educational institution concerning the raising of funds or sponsorships – considering the costs of editorial operations – the texts, once reread, will be paginated with the relative illustrations and sent to print for the creation of a real published under the Edizioni Terra marique brand.
The editorial process can be carried out for different purposes, which the publisher will have previously agreed with the school management.
Specifically, for example, you can choose:
- produce a number of booklets (with the papers of one or more classes) corresponding to the requests of the parents of the students involved in the writing workshop, upon payment of a contribution to cover printing costs
- collect the documents of the students of the educational institution involved in the laboratories in a single publication, to be sold at market price as a source of self-financing of the institute itself
- The editorial path will be taken care of by the heads of the writing laboratory, on behalf of Edizioni Terra Marique and in full compliance with the regulations in force concerning:
- use of personal data of students and teachers
- use of the drawings and drawings, which will be returned at the end of the project
- copyright (copyright)
- attribution of an ISBN that authorizes the sale (VAT is paid on books)
Contact us for information on methods and costs.
Ask us for the complete laboratory program, we will send it to you via e-mail (pdf format).